- Only $7.40 shipped from dealextreme.
- Works fine with iPhone 3G 2.2.1.
- Quality is pretty good for composite. The above video was converted with handbrake at a pretty low bitrate (about 500MB for the entire movie). It still didn't look too bad blown up to 52". Make sure you go into settings, ipod to adjust some tv out settings. After that I got it to fill the screen perfectly and still maintain the proper aspect ratio.
- Charges while using the cable through the usb connector. I did NOT try syncing but the charging part seems to work fine. Use it with this great USB power adapter.
- Who knows if it will continue working once 3.0 comes out. But for $7.40 it's not that big of a deal to me.
Highly recommended. It's dirt cheap and works fine (at least for now). It turns your iPhone into the ultimate portable video player. Hook it up to a TV while you are at a hotel as long as the tv has composite inputs. The only drawback is stuff you order from dealextreme usually takes about 3 weeks.
- They do NOT work with iphone 3gs. I think a friend tried it with the iphone 3g with the 3.0 os update and it still worked. On 3gs it works for like 3 seconds and then a message comes up about accessory not being compatible and then cuts the output which we all know is BS b/c I just saw it working just fine. Screwed by apple again. Well, I guess I can always get the offical apple composite cables for $50 ($42 apple tax!).